Congratulations to you both on your upcoming celebration.
I am a Commonwealth Registered Civil Celebrant, experienced and fully trained with the International College of Celebrancy. I am passionate about creating a ceremony that reflects you, your beliefs and values, and the love that you have for one another.
Together we will design a personalised ceremony. Writing your own vows, choosing music and poetry that has meaning for both of you are all aspects of this wonderful journey in developing your perfect wedding ceremony. My job is to work with you to create a ceremony of excellence. The wedding service itself may be of your own devising from scratch or by tailoring an existing service to your personal and spiritual preferences. Make your wedding special. My purpose is not only to fulfil my role as legal celebrant and functionary, but also to make your wedding day as special, memorable and fulfilling as possible.
To this end, I am willing to assist you with all or any of the following, depending on your requirements:
- Consultation any time of day or night
- Travel to the location of your choice
- Ceremonial and religious specifications
- Involvement of family and friends in the service
- Guiding the guests before, during and after the service
- Special legal considerations, e.g. overseas party
- The proposal of the first toast.
The wedding package that I offer also includes:
- Free initial consultation
- Information on Pre-nuptial Counselling
- Sorting of all documentation
- Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) form
- Wedding Ceremony creation
- Free wedding rehearsal
- Wedding Ceremony
- Ceremonial Marriage Certificate (with calligraphy if desired)
- Government Marriage Certificate of Registration
- Secure filing of all documentation
I specialise in all types of wedding ceremonies – blended families, second marriages. I conduct rose ceremonies, candle ceremonies, coloured sand ceremonies, traditional and alternative ceremonies, non-religious and religious ceremonies.
Most importantly, I will create a ceremony that will truly live in your hearts forever and one that is conducted with professionalism and warmth. My wife, Grace, assists me with all wedding preparations; she is able to give everything that very important feminine touch. This also means that you get the benefit of two levels of experience for the price of one.
Legal Requirements / Documentation
A ‘Notice of Intended Marriage Form’ must be completed and lodged 31 days prior to the wedding. Once lodged with me the certificate is valid for a maximum period of 18 months.
As soon as you have decided on the date, time and place of marriage please contact me to make a booking.
You need to complete the second page and sign the third page in my presence, or in the presence of any of the approved witnesses listed on the form.
Please bring originals and a photocopy of each of the following documents as applicable for each person:
- If you have been married previously you need to produce your decree absolute.
- You must produce documentary evidence of identification including birth certificate or extract, passport (if born overseas). If born overseas and you cannot produce a birth certificate or overseas passport, you will need to fill out a statutory declaration stating reasons and other factors (I will assist you with this).
- Decrees nisi and absolute if divorced
- Death certificate if widowed
- Both driver licences (photocopy of each on the same sheet)
You will be required to sign the Form 14 Declarations (Regulations 39 and 46 of the Marriage Act 1961). I will provide this.